It’s been a week, and it’s time to bring my first set of goals!
Here’s a recap of what I wanted to do for the first week:
- Become up-to-date with all classes come Saturday evening
- Complete up to ten hours of work (or complete all work, whichever is first)
- Make sure to work out at least two hours (free form)
- Keep up with three meals a day
- Sleep a total of seven hours a night
- Write nearly 5,000 words on current fiction story
- Complete 10 new blog posts by Saturday evening
How have I done? The first of these goals had something that I did naturally. Keeping up with the first week of classes is never difficult. I met this one with ease, and kept it all under control. Ready for the second week of classes, and all the due dates that come with that!
Now, for work I wasn’t given ten hours last week (this week though, I have a handful!). I got the work that I needed to have done, presented to my boss who needed it in a timely matter, and did what I do best for the company – research and write! Things were excellent on that front.
Working out is a different tale, however. I squeezed in enough time last week to get a total of an hour and a half in free form working out. The worst difficulty that I had was keeping myself occuppied for those twenty minutes a night that I had slotted away to work out. Also, after a long day of going to class and keeping myself organized in that sense I never had the mood for it. This is a goal that I’m going to repeat for this week. I’ll hopefully meet the requirements and continue to better myself.
Thanks to my new schedule, this term is making it easier for me to get all of my three meals each day. Thankfully I’m finding more time for this and not growing too hungry throughout walking around campus.
If you’ve been keeping up with the blog, you’ll know that I’ve given up coffee. To add on to giving up coffee, this has removed me sleeping and forcing my body to want to sleep much earlier in the night. This allows me to wake up much more in the AM than what I’m use to and thus gaining those seven hours is excellent!
This is a goal I’m most ashamed of. I haven’t written too much regarding my current fiction project (only topping off at 1,000 words) and did not get even close to the 5,000 I had predicted. This is unfortunate because this week I’m going to find myself reading quite a bit more and not too much time to write down any ideas / thoughts I’ll have regarding my story. I’m going to try this one again.
The blog posts were done without flaw! I took a bit of a break over the weekend to see to other tasks, and had radio silence on my blog. Thankfully, I had finished the 10 post cap by Friday. Awesome for me, but I can definitely add more material to this space.
Here are my goals for this week:
- Write 5,000 words on my latest fiction project
- Work out for two hours this week
- Keep up with work and add more reading material to my nightly list
- Find time to relax after each hour of work / school activity (I’m horrible about taking breaks that are reasonable)
- Fix up the damn bike (my mode of transportation has become a minor danger to myself and others)
- Write three reviews to games
Hoping that this week is better than the last. Wish everyone the best!